Information on The Writer’s Experience in Costa Rica
See Flyer for The Writer’s Experience here: https://mythotherapy.org/2015/06/14/the-writers-experience-in-cost-rica/
* Ample down time, writing time, spa time and yoga time.
* Group teaching session “It’s all about Intuition and Letting Go”
* A One on One Session with Maya regarding your work or project
* Writing exercises, critiques and read-out loud sessions.
* A Session on Publishing and Self Publishing
* A Nightly Special Costa Rica Cocktail hour (had to throw that in here)
* Networking Time and Silent Writing Sessions,
* Guided Meditation for Writers, Music to Write By,
* Session on Conquering Writer’s Block, Procrastination, Self-Judgement
* Session on the Nuts and Bolts of Outlining, Proposals and Query Letters.
* Beach time and a lot of it. Sunset watching time, Macaw Time and Photos Time.
* Numerous Discovery Tours during the week. Please see the Blue Osa Website. Cost of the tour is not included. From Sea Turtles, to a canopy Zip Line you can do it all. Go To http://www.blueosa.com/costa-rica-eco-tours-and-adventures/ for a complete list of their tours. You sign up upon your arrival.
All information about the Retreat Center is found at www.blueosa.com. Fabulous photos as well and great videos. You will find that pricing flights is less expensive than you think. The Blue Osa site helps you do that planning but here is a tip:
Flying In: You will fly into San Jose, Costa Rica and have an easy change of planes to fly into Puerto Jimenez. But I would make sure your connections have ample time just in case weather cancels your smaller flight with Nature Airlines. It is suggested to fly in a day early and stay over in San Jose, acclimate and fly out on the 6am flight on Nature. Weather then is usually great. Just a tip from the owners of Blue Osa.
Some Nuts and Bolts about this Retreat: Your Stay Includes,
- 8 day/ 7 night accommodations
- Up to four daily farm to table meals.
- Eco friendly accommodations.
- Daily housekeeping service.
- Airport shuttle service to and from Puerto Jimenez. (Please see some restrictions on the Blue Osa Website.)
- Free wi-fi which is provided in the common area in the Cocina and only in rooms 1, 2 and 3.
- Unlimited use of our yoga deck for our groups.
- Beach towel and a towel for the shower.
- Access to Blue Osa’s yoga props.
- Birds, Birds and more Birds
What about single occupancy rooms?
The additional cost for single occupancy is $595 per person per week. In taking a single room, this will decrease the amount of space available to you. Please make sure you request additional room space for your group.
What is excluded in the cost of the retreat?
- Check in is at 2:00 pm on the day of arrival. Lunch before check-in is available at $20 per person.
- Yoga Mat Rental. All revenue from the mat rental supports our local outreach programs.
- Check out is at 10:00 am on the day of departure. Lunch after check-out is available at $20 per person.
- Take-away lunch (Sandwich, Fruit, Cookies) on day of departure is available for $10
- All tours and spa treatments are additional.
How do guests book extra nights at Blue Osa?
For those retreat participants wishing to book extra nights at Blue Osa either before or after your retreat, all reservation requests must be made through the office at Blue Osa and payment is made directly to Blue Osa. The room rates during Green Season are love for those wishing to book extra nights and are based on room availability and our published seasonal rates.
How far is the beach from Blue Osa?
We are 50 meters from the Ocean. Surfing and beach combing, pelicans and whales. This time of the year we are likely to be seeing the whales raising their calves.
Air conditioning? This is a Green Eco Retreat so there is no air conditioning but there are fans in all the rooms. evenings are pleasant. The breeze and the beach swims will make it a wonderful experience.
What is the weather like?
The weather is beautiful all the time. And it is humid so you will have amazing skin and hair when you leave. You can see the Blue Osa Instagram for live and current updates or the weather channel. You can also read their FAQ section on Blue Osa for more information.
I have more questions.
Please go to our Frequently asked Questions page at the Blue Osa Webite and review it thoroughly. Let us know if you do not see one of yours.
HOW DO I GET TO BLUE OSA? CAN YOU HELP ME OUT? All of this information can be found on the web page titled, “How To Get To Blue Osa”. Please click here. You may want to also check out Sansa Airlines. But please note that Sansa does usually not give great service and are habitually known to cancel flights.
PLEASE check out the FAQ section on the Blue Osa website at www.blueosa.com/faq
Please continue to visit as more information will become available.
Contact Maya Christobel at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and to register.